This week we’re looking at short stories and how they can help us improve our editing skills.
- Tuesday – How Short is Short? What do we mean by a ‘short’ story
- Wednesday – Picking a Time, How much time can we cover in our story?
- Thursday – On Exposition, How much exposition can we use in a short story?
- Friday – Characters, Characters, Everywhere, What do we need to consider about characters in short fiction?
- Saturday – New episode of Rum Cove.
- Sunday – Saying Everything and Nothing, How can implication help in keeping our story short?
Nine Shillings Out Now on Kindle and in Paperback
This edition of Nine Shillings features: a restructured beginning, new chapters, and bonus story Monster, Mine, narrated by Bran and Josef.
Coming 12th August 2019
Jesse’s Studio’s articles are coming to Kindle and paperback
- In Shaping Stories we’ll be looking at narrative structure and narrators
- In Creating Characters we’ll be looking at developing characters and putting them on the page.
- In Editing, Editing, Editing we’ll be looking at what we can do with description and how we can approach editing
Watch this space for more news and pre-order links
Victorian Mistress, the edited version featuring bonus story First Meetings is also available in paperback and on Kindle