This week we’re looking at foreshadowing: What is it? How can we use symbolism? And what’s this got to do with red-herrings?
- Tuesday – What is Foreshadowing? What do we mean by ‘foreshadowing’?
- Wednesday – Did I Say That? Using foreshadowing is a matter of implication
- Thursday – Simplifying Symbolism, What’s symbolism got to do with foreshadowing?
- Friday – The False Shadow, Looking at foreshadowing and red-herrings
- Saturday – New episode of Rum Cove.
- Sunday – A Question Too Far, Can we make foreshadowing too conspicuous?
Coming 12th August 2019
Jesse’s Studio’s articles are coming to Kindle and paperback
- In Shaping Stories we’ll be looking at narrative structure and narrators
- In Creating Characters we’ll be looking at developing characters and putting them on the page.
- In Editing, Editing, Editing we’ll be looking at what we can do with description and how we can approach editing
Watch this space for more news and pre-order links
Pre-Order Nine Shillings on Kindle available 9th May
Paperback Available Now
This edition of Nine Shillings features: a restructured beginning, new chapters, and bonus story Monster, Mine, narrated by Bran and Josef.
Victorian Mistress, the edited version featuring bonus story First Meetings is also available in paperback and on Kindle