This week we’re looking at emotion in fiction: What can we tell? What can we show? Does everything need to be in conflict?
- Tuesday – The Man in the Machine, Do we write emotions into machines or do we infer it?
- Wednesday – I Feel… Emotions in fiction go beyond what we tell readers characters feel.
- Thursday – Falling in Love, What can we learn from romance fiction about writing emotion?
- Friday – The Journey, What’s the emotional arc of our characters?
- Saturday – New episode of Rum Cove.
- Sunday – Drama in Conflict, We need conflict but we also need a little safety for our characters somewhere
Coming 12th August 2019
Jesse’s Studio’s articles are coming to Kindle and paperback
- In Shaping Stories we’ll be looking at narrative structure and narrators
- In Creating Characters we’ll be looking at developing characters and putting them on the page.
- In Editing, Editing, Editing we’ll be looking at what we can do with description and how we can approach editing
Watch this space for more news and pre-order links
Pre-Order Nine Shillings on Kindle available 9th May
This edition of Nine Shillings features: a restructured beginning, new chapters, and bonus story Monster, Mine, narrated by Bran and Josef. It will also be available in paperback
Victorian Mistress, the edited version featuring bonus story First Meetings is also available in paperback and on Kindle