This week we’re looking at writing our characters in motion including; the perils of over writing, the use of implication, and when the reader needs to see.
- Tuesday – Dropping Breadcrumbs, Considering when showing may be more useful than telling.
- Wednesday – Death to Excess, Sometimes characters don’t pull their weight and create unnecessary distractions.
- Thursday – Assembling the Jigsaw, Just because you put a chapter somewhere doesn’t mean it has to stay there.
- Friday – The Piece That Doesn’t Fit, If a chapter doesn’t fit it’s alright to take it out.
- Saturday – New episode of Rum Cove.
- Sunday – Counting the Words, Unfortunately novels can’t go on forever.
Now you can pre-order a copy of Nine Shillings on Kindle featuring a restructured beginning, new chapters, and bonus story Monster, Mine, narrated by Bran and Josef. Available from 9th May
Victorian Mistress, the edited version featuring bonus story First Meetings, is now 0.99 on Kindle in the UK, US, Europe, Canada, and Australia.