I’m going to be trying something new. I’m going re-blog old articles that new followers many have missed beginning with articles on plot and structure. Beginning with The Purpose of Plot from Finding Your Voice.
- Monday – What’s Your Problem? For a plot we need a problem.
- Tuesday – Where’s Your Tools? Now we have a problem how will we fix it?
- Wednesday – Subbing Your Story, As well as a main plot we probably have a subplot
- Thursaday – Getting From A to Oh, Our characters are going to have to stumble along the way.
- Friday – Reaching Resolution, Somehow we have to bring all this together at the end.
- Saturday – Bare Ankles – Josef gets excited about rum and Lot delivers a burn.
I’ve been writing articles for Jesse’s Studio since August 2016. At this point I’ve written an entire book of writing advice and literary theory and it’s time to say that’s the end of book one. But fear not, there will be a book two and I will still be posting new articles as just not as many as I have been (defamiliarisation has already been requested). New articles will be marked on publishing schedules.
I’m hoping re-blogging earlier articles will give me a chance, not only, to introduce new followers to articles they may have missed but also to figure out what I’ve covered, what needs expansion and what I’ve missed.
I’m also taking this opportunity to focus on finishing Nine Shillings and to finally get Victorian Mistress the edited and expanded edition published. I haven’t done this before so there’s lot of new skills to learn and potential for more articles.
There will still be at least one new episode of Nine Shillings every week and a publishing schedule every Sunday.