Now we’ve looked at different ways to structure a first-person/subjective story and some important points now we’ve got to look at building our narrator (or any character for that matter):
- Monday – Finding Their Voice, A first-person narrator needs their own voice, they’re speaking to the reader.
- Tuesday – What’s Their Motive? Their motives will affect what they tell us.
- Wednesday – What do They Know? What they know about the other characters affects their depiction.
- Thursday – What do They Think They Know? Everything hangs on their interpretation of the information they’re presented with.
- Friday – Filling in the Blanks, How will they further their knowledge based on their character?
- Saturday – The Beautiful Bottle, Charlotte pays Josef a visit.