This week we’re taking a second look at character: what we mean by active characters, how you don’t need a complete backstory to begin, and we consider character arcs.
- Monday – Active, Not Reactive, Characters need to cause action, not simply react to it.
- Tuesday – Individualising a Character, Everything about a character says something.
- Wednesday – Building a Backstory, You don’t have to have a perfectly planned out backstory before you begin.
- Thursday – Motivating Characters, Motives can change as a story progresses.
- Friday – Considering Character Arcs, Stories change the characters.
- Saturday – The Knife in the Bookcase, Bran discovers what Charlotte has been up to and his reaction surprises her.