This week we’re looking at building plot during redrafting: how we can use implication through showing rather than telling, moving or removing chapters and culling extraneous characters.
- Monday – Dropping Breadcrumbs, Considering when showing may be more useful than telling.
- Tuesday – Death to Excess, Sometimes characters don’t pull their weight and create unnecessary distractions.
- Wednesday – Assembling the Jigsaw, Just because you put a chapter somewhere doesn’t mean it has to stay there.
- Thursday – The Piece That Doesn’t Fit, If a chapter doesn’t fit it’s alright to take it out.
- Friday – Counting the Words, Unfortunately novels can’t go on forever.
- Saturday – Hanging Around, Charlotte gets her revenge on Aubrey.