This week we’re looking at the undercurrent of smut in literature and how the establishment tried to stop it.
- Monday – Fickle Fairy Tales, the not so innocent side of Little Red Riding Hood.
- Tuesday – He’s Behind You, melodrama and the gothic heroine in 18th – 19th century theatre.
- Wednesday – The Mighty Metaphor, how a little paragraph got a big book in trouble, Ulysses.
- Thursday – Creating the Creature, we use Frankenstein to bring Reading Like a Writer and sex together.
- Friday – A Small Party? Charlotte and Bran go to Josef’s party and Charlotte teaches Josef a lesson.
- Saturday – One Foot on the Floor, a look at sex in fiction and the risks of overdoing it.